Wednesday 24 August 2016

Bunmi's Choices



The data I collected was from investigations conducted from 2012-2013 and is represented as percentages within a Margin of error, as the Census was not conducted by the ABS on 2012 or 2013 I had to take an estimated population for both years from the ABS





For my project, I decided it would be best to present my data through pie and line charts to show proportions and identify relationships, also I will use area charts to compare two data sets at once and bubble charts to show a combination of the variables on one plane.

From the links I've explored on the blog, I've decided that  to make my visualizations simpler and more interactive it would be beneficial to allow the user transition from chart type to the next instead of dumping and compressing them into one space. Additionally, I'll be making use of a limited colour palette and present my visualizations in a minimalist style so that it is easy to read

1 comment:

  1. Bunmi, You have made some good choices for your data - don't forget to keep a record of WHERE your data is sourced from and keep that information with your data when presenting it in your visualisation.

    You have chosen good chart ideas - but more detailed explaination would give me a clearer idea of what you are planning to do.

    You have not been specific if your choice of Visualisation - please identify the tools you will be using to complete your presentation.

    Mz F

    ReplyDelete